MongoMapper needs your help to make the documentation better. Here’s how to contribute:
- Fork the repo on GitHub and check out the gh-pages branch.
- Install the Jekyll and RedCloth gems
- Install Pygments
- Run the Jekyll server
- Open up http://localhost:4000/ in your web browser
- Make your documentation changes
- Push your changes and submit a pull request
If you want to help with the documentation, but don’t know how to help, here are some ideas of things that need documented.
In order to maintain quality, here are some guidelines for contributing to the MongoMapper documentation.
- Don’t document hacks or workarounds. If MongoMapper is broken or doesn’t support something, note it in the docs and add an issue to the issue tracker.
- Avoid narratives. People don’t really care why you’re writing the documentation, they just want to know how to use MongoMapper.
- Be concise without sacrificing clarity.